Sunday, March 4, 2012

Worship Forever

The Bible is full of worship. People and creation worshiping God, Most High. In the book of Revelation, there are glimpses of worship in heaven. The elders, the living creatures, the angels, the great multitude of saints are all worshiping God. Before His throne. In His temple. Their worship is forever. Unto the God who is forever. Such an experience will indeed be out of this world. It will be more than awesome. It will be a new, greater, an incomparably refreshing and higher exalted form of worship. I look forward to it because I will be in God's presence. There my worship will be truly full, complete, pure, and perfect. That said, I did not always have this desire and mentality. God grew and developed it in me. He continues through my daily experiences.

In my very early Christian life, I was somewhat repulsed at the thought of worshiping God forever. It seemed boring to me. It did not seem productive. Note, the selfish outlook in my view. I thought worship was only in singing of songs, not a lifestyle. That said, it was my immature thoughts. I wanted to decide what worship was and how God should be worshiped. My wisdom was indeed foolishness. Pride, and thus sin, was at the center of my heart. My pride, and thus sin, did not want to give to God what was due Him. Additionally, my mind did not know what worship meant. My heart had not yet come to understand what worship is. My strength was yet to experience what it  means to worship. My entire being (i.e., heart, mind, strength) did not yet take in the fragrance and essence of worship.

Where am I now? Oh my dear friends, not where I was. God has been transforming my life. My mind has come to know and is increasing in its knowledge of God. My heart has come to understand and is increasing in its understanding of God. I am learning how to spend my strength for God. My entire being is taking in in increasing measure the fragrance and essence of God. Now I worship. Not only in words, but in thoughts and in actions. God is the one who has brought about the change. He has worked for my good. That is, He has opened my mind and heart. He has empowered and filled me. All for His purpose. To worship Him with all my mind, heart, strength, and all of me. In everything and everywhere. At all times!

Now, worship is the lifestyle I seek to live. I can't get enough of it. Not only in songs, but in thoughts and words and actions. In everything. I don't worship perfectly, fully, nor completely. Not yet. It will be fulfilled in the next life. However, I will not become complacent because of the not yet. I can't. Not after tasting how great living a life of worship is to my entire being. Add to this the fellowship with other believers who desire to live a life of worship. What you is an incomparable experience that is a sweet fragrance to God. No other fellowship is like it. No other lifestyle comes close. The desire and pursuit to worship God by our lifestyle is heavenly. It is filling. So, I thank God that He has opened my mind and heart. That He has empowered and filled me. He did all of this and continues to in order that I may worship Him in increasing measure here on earth. The time is coming when I will do so in full, complete, pure and perfect way. FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment