Thursday, June 21, 2012

The War Within

The war inside me rages, the weight of it sometimes takes its toll,
but I have no need to fear, for there is a lover who keeps my soul.
The war within me is much greater, than the war that's without,
but they have one thing in common, they work to wear me out.
The war inside me seeks to dominate, so I am overcome by it,
but I have a conquering savior, to whom alone my life I submit.
The war within me is divisive, seeking to make me double-minded,
but my loyalty belongs only to Him who for my sake was wounded.
The war inside does haunts my dreams, even when am awake,
but it moves me to daily die to self and to live for Christ's sake.
The war within does not happen to me only, it is common to all of us,
but none of us will be overcome if our lives are hidden in Christ Jesus.
So rage on you war within, try your worst to scare and torment me,
but I will not be afraid, for I am strong in the Lord, God Almighty!

Ephesians 6:10
I encourage you all: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power!

No comments:

Post a Comment