Friday, January 24, 2014

Thirst for God [Psalm 63:5-8]

Psalm 63:5-8 [ESV]
My whole being will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember You upon my bed,
and meditate on You in the watches of the night;
for You have been my help,
and in the shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy.
My whole being clings to You, 
Your right hand upholds me.

Questions:
Is God truly the one who satisfies your whole being? 
Is He the one to whom your whole being clings?
Is He the one who consumes/occupies your thoughts?
Is He the one you fully depend on with confidence?

Consider:
If no, joy is lacking. If yes, joy is present and it is full!

Prayer
Dear God, if our answer is no, cause us to want You with our whole being. And, move us to be devoted to You. Thanks! If our answer is yes, thanks! It's all your doing. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment