Monday, February 21, 2011

I'd love to, but ...

I'd love to think, but my mind is stuck,
in a rut, trying to move on but I just can't get up,
and out of this cage, to be free: should I erupt,
in a violent rage, and hope that that's enough?

I'd love to breathe, but my nose is clogged,
besides the air is polluted, but I still feel robbed,
of breathing, am suffocating and my spirit's bogged,
down with heaviness, I feel destined to be mobbed.

I'd love to hear, but my ears are plugged,
they are filled with junk, and am repeatedly mugged,
of the truth, and now am no longer snugged,
a crying shame, it feels like I've been drugged.

I'd love to feel, but can't, because I am numb,
lost all emotions, lifeless is what I've become,
I'd love to move, but also in thought I can't even run,
falling apart, unraveling, I am coming undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment