Saturday, March 5, 2011

God and a girl

There was once a girl, beautiful and sweet,
she subtly stole my heart, and knocked me off my feet.
This girl was lovely, generous and kind,
it really felt good, that she had captured my mind.

This girl loved me too, which of course I could not believe,
I thought there was some trick, that she had up her sleeve.
So I looked to find the trick, but found that there was none,
she was genuine, and I knew for real my heart she'd won.

There was once a girl, gorgeous and refine,
she subtly got my attention, and I could not decline.
This girl was a beauty, made of sugar and spice,
it really felt good, because she was so nice.

This girl I really cared for, there was nothing for me to lose,
but it didn't work, and it did hurt, and I had to sing the blues.
Not good news I know but it was God's plan I now see
to save me from myself so I can be what he desires of me.

He did not want to go that far, but I left him no choice
he had enough of me not to listening to his voice.
Always wanting to do things my way, to captain my ship
Asking his help sometimes, but not accepting much of it.

This girl I still love, and always will, she's great
for she did what was best and that I truly appreciate.
I am not the best fit for her, in honesty I can now say,
God will bring her that person, and that I believe and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment