Friday, March 25, 2011

Unsure

Have I lost or is it just a test?
Whatever it is is hard to digest.
Do I want more or become less?
Either way there are things to confess.
Is it grief or is it just tears?
Maybe it is more than it appears.
Who am I and do I know myself?
The answers lie in a special book on my shelf.
Is my heart still beating or is it dead?
Afraid to find out, so I just lie in bed.
Should I run away or make a stand?
Either way is unplanned.
Am I really broken or just beyond repair?
The answer avoids me even in prayer.
Will I forget or do I just choose to remember?
These memories just seem to saunter.
Will I ever be sure or just live in uncertainty?
Looking ahead is filled with days dark and dreary.
Is it my thoughts or is it really your voice I hear?
Something's gotta give to make it clear.
Should I stop here or keep going?
The answer evades me so I keep going.
Will I ever know or do I already know?
Maybe it's better to be unsure.

No comments:

Post a Comment