Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sin and Salvation

The smile was slowly erased from my face
my tear-stained pillow was my only embrace
I was being cut to pieces without a chase
heading to a disastrous end in disgrace


The breath was slowly fading from my nose
my collapsed lung was my only enclose
Suffocating to death and unable to disclose 
the deathblows I'd receive from sin's arrows


The spirit was slowly leaving my soul
my weakened body was my only console
I was trapped and dying without parole 
void of hope, abandoned in a hellhole


The hope was slowly going out of me
my life was already running on empty
in a downward spiral without remedy
a life once bright was about to end darkly


To turn this around I could not do
tried as I did sin I fell further into
sin was sweet but it turned bitter
then realized I was feasting on litter


The stench of sin was destroying me
even with eyes open I could not see
my ears were plugged my heart infected
my mind polluted strongholds erected


Sin's destructive influence kept me buried
under its weight with no hope to be freed
but I heard the news that Jesus can save
and through him God my sins forgave


God opened my eyes my ears he unplugged
my heart now revived no longer drugged
my mind renew in His word alone
his Spirit in me my heart his throne.


Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment