Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grace in the struggles (part 1)

Written a few months ago during a time of intense struggles.

               A Broken Man

I used to be God's friend, but not anymore,
like a fish out of water, I've been washed ashore.
God's never failed me, but I've often failed him,
I tried not to but my life is full of sin.
Many bad choices in life I have made,
now I can clearly see the failed sign on my grave.
Many times to God I did pray,
but disobedience stopped some of his blessings from coming my way.
A broken man, distraught, despair is all I can find,
it feels much easier to be done with this climb.
Life seems designed for mankind to fail,
even as a Christian, life seems to be pale.
The devil's not a friend or someone to trust,
his goal is to destroy, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
So, what's life for if in the end you can't win it?
Why even be a Christian if even then you are a misfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment