Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Your mercies are ...

You alone dear God are merciful, and I know fully well,
you have not treated me according to my sins, and I will tell
of your mercies that are true and everlasting in spite of my mess,
and I'll sing of your mercies that cast my sins into the sea of forgetfulness.
Why should I not suffer for my sins?
Why should I not be charged and made to pay?
Why should my sins be placed on your shoulders?
Why should your blood be shed to wash them all away?
It's me who chooses to sin.
It's me who gives in when tempted.
It's me who do the immoral, unrighteous, and ungodly things.
It's me who in spite of your mercies continues to do it my way.
So I join with all of your people and express my gratitude,
and pray that doing so will be ingrained in my attitude.
Thank you, because your mercies I could never deserve.
Thank you, because your mercies I could never earn.
Thank you, because your mercies I could never buy.
Thank you, because your mercies are new every morn.
With uplifted hands I further express
in humility, amazement, and truthfulness.
Thank you Dear Father for your infinite mercies.
Thank you Dear Jesus for your shedding your blood for me.
Thank you Dear Holy Spirit for your indwelling and power.
Thank you Dear Trinity because your mercies endure forever.

1 comment: