Thursday, July 14, 2011

Being Strong (A manly version)

Being strong makes you a man, that's how it's promoted,
for you to be anything but, is worse than being demoted.
Being strong shows the kind of man you are, that's what they say,
to act otherwise even if and when it hurts is not manly in any way.
Being strong must be a dominant part of your masculinity,
anything short of that, well, well, it is nothing but a tragedy.
Being strong means you always have to be on the hunt,
it demonstrates that you are "fit" to lead from the front.
Being strong means tough love, suppressing certain emotions.
Displaying tenderness as a man? Is that even one of the options?
Being strong is misunderstood and filled with deceit,
to continue this way will in time all our strength deplete.
Being strong is admirable but it is not something we can manufacture,
it comes only to a man filled and surrendered to the Holy Spirit's power.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But the Lord said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment