Friday, April 29, 2011

How Long?

How long will I seek forgiveness and then continue to sin?
How long will I cry out to you for help and then still do my own thing?
How long will I say I believe and then still fall into doubt?
How long will I seek to hear you and then still block you out?

How long will I say that I am yours and then still live for me?
How long will I hear your words and then still not trust in thee?
How long will I call on your name and then still choose to swear?
How long will I sing your praise and then still choose to not draw near?

How long will I speak your truth and then still tell so many lies?
How long will I ask for boldness and then still your help I despise?
How long will I seek your counsel and then still wander away?
How long will I say I love you and then still fail to obey?

Lord, you see the inconsistencies, my life is nothing but a mess,
Lord, you see the pain I am causing, I am sorry, all I do confess.
Lord, you see the daily disobedience, you have to do something soon,
Lord, you see the depth of my hypocrisy, I am horribly out of tune.

You can't sit back and let me continue this way, I beseech you Lord to act,
You can't sit back and let me continue to stray, I am totally out of whack.
You can't sit back and let me go further, and on profaning your name,
You can't sit back and let me go further, and on your character to defame.

How long O Lord will you tarry? My foolish ways I need you to overthrow!
How long O Lord will you tarry? I am tired of living as part of the status quo!

How long, O Lord? How long? O Lord, how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment