Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Voice of Truth

Trying to be free, but I feel caged in
Trying to live, but am surely dying
Trying to smile, but can't keep from crying
Trying to speak truth, but it sounds like lying
Trying to breathe, but it feels like am suffocating
Trying to see the sun, but it won't stop raining
Trying to believe, but my faith's wavering
Trying to win, but daily I keep losing
Trying to succeed, but am consistently failing
Trying to stand, but ever so often am falling
Trying to see, but my eyes are blinded
Trying to forget, but daily I am reminded
Trying to abstain, but I go on sinning
Trying to keep hope alive, but it feels like the last inning

But there is a voice of truth:

The voice that trumpets, you are forgiven
The voice that is assured and never mistaken
The voice that shouts, your life has worth because of me
The voice that says, I died so you can be set free
The voice that says, my grace all sufficient is freely given
The voice that says, I loved you enough to leave heaven
The voice that declares, I am the light so you can shine
The voice that says, never fear for you are eternally mine
The voice that pleads, give me a listening ear
The voice that speaks, breathes, and sings of care
The voice that cries, you don't have to work for victory
The voice that shouts, all good things are prepared already
The voice that says, stop trying and accept who you are in me
The voice that speaks truth an does so faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment