Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Story [continued]

Part 2:
Focusing on those things
I should not do
I look at, took, bit into
and proceeded to chew

Swallowed it down
but my stomach got sick
I talked to God but
also tried to remedy it

It's hard when you're told
success depends on you
so perform, work hard
and your dreams will come true

I took this view into my
relationship with Christ
surely my hard work
will definitely suffice

It should prove my love,
and demonstrate my devotion,
handling life's storms in my own strength
like a canoe battling the waves of the ocean

Jesus can ride along
no problem, but I have to row
cause I've got the oar,
besides, it's my boat you know

So sit back dear Lord
and enjoy the ride
I've got this one, but I'll
need you sometime

p.s. continues in the next post

No comments:

Post a Comment