Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Story

Part 1:
Rebellious, deceitful, stubborn, selfish
proud, all perfect descriptions of me
trusting, honest, obedient, unselfish
humble, is what I ought to be

I desired to run my own show
be my own boss
but have discovered that doing so
has a hefty cost

I devised that running my own show
would also please God
and as such, good performance
would bring good reward

After all, that is how it is
designed in daily life
you know, it depends on the
amount of my sacrifice

But if I can please God
by doing what's right
then he did not need to
send Jesus to save my life

I plodded and planned
to do things my way
and hoped it pleased God
at the end of the day

Just like Adam and Eve I disobeyed,
I thought my works could have defrayed,
the cost of my disobedience
but the harder I tried the further I strayed

p.s. continues in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment