Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can I trust me?

My mind conjures up funny things, most of them are cool to do
My mind creates interesting situations that won't ever come true
My mind has me living in a state of fantasy
My mind has me so far gone and outside of reality
My mind has been trained to control my emotions
My mind has left me uncertain of my real devotions
My mind wishes for good things and I'd like to think they are from God
My mind wishes and keeps on wishing but in those I find no reward
My mind makes me scared of the true power that lies within
My mind makes me shy away from trusting that power therein
My mind is a potent weapon that can and has been used against me
My mind is a ticking time bomb that can bring about my calamity
My mind keeps going and won't take a brief vacation
My mind keeps going and is directing this composition
My mind seeks to exert and maintain a high level of control
My mind surrenders fully only when there's an assured goal
My mind must be brought under proper control or the result won't be pretty
My mind has me currently in a state of wondering: Can I trust me? 


Proverbs 28:26 says: 
"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered." So I am learning how to walk in wisdom. Are you? We can help each other walk in wisdom through prayer and intentional godly relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment