Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finally Here

Dear Sovereign Lord:

I have built up my own perception and goal of stability,
so much so that I overlooked what You were saying to me.
I asked for Your help and guidance but still chose to ignore,
yet You patiently kept waiting and wanting to give me more

You asked me to surrender, I did to a degree,
You wanted all, but I was hesitant to agree.
but You took what I gave knowing You will have your way,
knowing You will break through my stubbornness one day

I had other ideas, so I sought to lead and direct You,
You smiled, for what you had purposed, I had no clue.
You let me carry on for awhile but You were always near,
still working things out for me and providing a listening ear.

The devil smiled when he saw the increasing opportunities,
for him to keep me powerless and to block my arteries,
so the truth of who I am would not get through,
and as a result I would be lifeless, just like a statue.

What the devil thought was a slam dunk, a certain victory,
was anything but, You were working it all out gloriously.
You frustrated my plans, used the devil's schemes,
and I can gratefully say, the end justified the means.

Lord to this place of sweet surrender You've brought me,
my situation has not changed, but I do know, You've got me,
all of me, everything and every part, the time did arrive,
and now I fully see that without Your leading, I can't thrive.

This time of my life is hard, but Dear Lord am forever grateful for it,
I have seen clearly my pride, my foolishness, the real me, yes, all of it.
It all reinforces Your love and who You really are, and I love You:
for all You've done, allowed, and will allow to show Yourself true.

I would not trade this time and experience for anything easier,
because doing so would see me still trying to be my own savior.
so I thank You Dear Sovereign Lord for Your love and plans,
I am confident to submit and leave my whole life in Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment