Friday, June 3, 2011

Findings

Sin helps us see God's mercy, grace, and love - unconditional, rich, deep, and steadfast - more clearly.

A heart after God is a heart that desires and seeks to do what God desires.

A heart that seeks after God will discover and enjoy the beauty of God's heart. Such a discovery and enjoyment will be evident and contagious.

If I do love God, then I would not leave him "hanging" or cancel our dates.

God's work of perfecting us is a process that is being perfectly carried out regardless of our circumstances.

When we fall in love with God we develop a hunger, thirst, and excitement to get to know him more.

Love entails learning to befriend and really get to know someone even when their flaws are magnified.

Live within your means and you'll have and enjoy more than the means to live.

It is better to be a fugitive from this world than a fugitive from God.

I know God can help me. I am certain he wants to and will. But sometimes there are doubts that make me fearful he won't.

I have come to realize that even in my "desert" I try to play God and at the same time hurry him along.

My responses in the "desert" has been anything but Christlike. But it is God's plan and my prayer for him to keep me there until what he is working out and in me at this time is accomplished.

In moments of fear and failure we have a faithful fervent forever friend who is most importantly, Our God.

Life is best lived when we have an upward perspective regardless of what is happening inward and outward.

I have found that having a wilderness experience as hard as it is is my life's most valuable teaching environment. In the wilderness I had to face the truth of who I am, whose I am, and decide whose I will be. That decision is critical to the shaping of my attitude and character then and going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment