Monday, June 27, 2011

I'll wait for you

I'll wait for you in the morning, I'll be there even before the day dawns
I want to be with you every moment, so I get up when my clock alarms
I think of you very dearly, and it pains me for pushing you away
I want to learn what it means to trust you every step of the way

There's a girl that I've been wanting, she continues to fill my mind
But I don't want her just because, for such is just a waste of time
I desire her for who she is and what in her you've caused me to see
So Lord if this desire is from you, then make it what you want it to be

My needs are pressing and they're ever present, but few breaks I get
I know that you will supply my needs, but there are times I do forget
I am only human and there are times when my faith cries out for sight
So strengthen my faith and help me persevere through this dark night

I find myself in a pickle, my life feels like it is in a current state of despair
My plans have all turned out to be useless, they amount to beating the air
You see the desires in my heart Lord, how I long to live only for thee
So lead me by your spirit, cause I don't want to revert to living for me

I'll sing out your praise at noontime, with gratitude I'll worship your name
I'll declare your steadfast love and kindness, your glory and honor proclaim
In the evening my soul will still be lifted up, adoring your splendor and majesty
I crave to reflect you in every way, help me to do so in humbleness and honesty

I will wait for you in the morning, and at noontime, and all through the day
Don't want to begin or live a day without you, Lord please hasten my way
Only you have the key to righteous living, my every moment is in your hand
I'll wait for you my helper, maker, and strong tower, I'll trust your every plan

No comments:

Post a Comment