Monday, June 6, 2011

Three-Thirds Full

Three-thirds full, the pastor has been teaching
That wasn’t part of my Christian plan,
Besides I prefer to root from the sidelines
Yeah, I think it’s safer to be just a fan.
I may not criticize openly as some do
Because I may be asked to get involved,
But I’ll make sure they know when things upset me
I won’t let it go until I get it resolved.

Three-thirds full, the pastor has got to be kidding
I have this Christian life under my control,
I’ll go about living it by my own dictates
Being happy to satisfy my “basic” Christian role.
I’ll tithe, give an offering, and show up at church
I’ll pray, read my Bible, yeah sometimes,
I think doing those will amount to something
I’ll do what I can to ensure my light shines.

Three-thirds full, this pastor is not for real
Am gifted, I serve, people see my fruits,
At least am not standing on the sides
Anyone call tell that my tree has solid roots.
I am involved, and I serve in the church,
Isn't it a good thing for me to serve?
Yet, three-thirds full he’s been teaching for weeks
Man, this guy has got some nerve.

But:
Three-thirds full no less that’s the measure
For our jars of clay have a great treasure,
To remain as we are we’ll wither and die,
If three-thirds full we do not live thereby.

Three-thirds full Jesus desires for his bride,
But we must in him and his words abide,
Guaranteed we won’t be lukewarm or chilled,
When we by his spirit are three-thirds filled. 


Prayer:
Dear Father, fill us with the knowledge of your will and power,
Help us to live out the freedom we have in you no matter the hour,
May we live out the hope and purpose you gave us with passion and truth,
That we boldly and without compromise in every way bear the Spirit's fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment