Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Insufficient

I have tried my best and do try my best,
but even my best is insufficient.
Can I save myself?
Can I sustain myself?
Can I salvage the world?
The deception in thinking that I could
do all of those and more.
Exhausting, frustrating, futile.
Yet the attempt to still continues.
Really!?
Well, in some ways.
But there is hope.
There is change.
A realization.
An acceptance.
No longer deceived.
There is a fight.
A fight!? 
Yep. A fight to surrender.
A fight to submit.
A fight to sacrifice.
Attempts? Works?
True. 
Still deceived then.
Am I? 
Hmm. Why not just surrender?
Really submit? 
Willingly sacrifice?
Can I really?
You can.
You will have real hope.
You will experience true change.
It begins with a realization.
And an acceptance
of the Truth.
Do you see it now?
Yes I do. In myself, I am insufficient,
and will always be,
even if I were to live forever.
All attempts at sufficiency are insufficient.
The choices are:
Still attempt to be sufficient,
or surrender to the One who is All Sufficient.
So what do you decide?
Well, having tried the first and failed.
I choose the second!

No comments:

Post a Comment