Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Righteousness

I want to believe that I am so good,
that somewhere within I am getting this
life figured out, to hit more than miss,
always doing the best that I could.
But I do not have to look hard to see,
the evil within and without daily exercised,
my tries falling short, slowly being capsized
by pride and efforts to control my destiny.
I want to give the impression I really care,
but tend to hold on the selfish things I do,
so far from the surrender God calls me to,
I keep on blinders, caught up in my own affair.
The good deeds done so myself I can applaud,
and tout my righteousness here and abroad.


Isaiah 64:6
I am like one who is unclean,
and all my righteousness deeds are like a 
polluted garment.
I fade like a leaf,
and my iniquities, like the wind, take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment